Thursday, August 2, 2012

Product RAVE!!!! Aussie Moist

On my wash day i noticed that i ran out of conditioner and panicked! My lil sis heard me and suggested that i use her conditioner which was Aussie's Moist Conditioner. Ladies....O...M...G.....this conditioner is DA BOMB!!!!!! May hair felt so soft and it detangling was a breeze! Sidenote: I'm now using seamless combs to help minimize the damage my hair gets while combing.

Want to know more about this product?

Ingredients: water, stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, glutamic acid, fragrance, bis-aminopropyl dimethicone, benzyl alcohol, edta, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, ecklonia radiata (australian sea kelp) extract, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, aloe barbadensis leaf juice extract.

Why did i highlight Dimethicones?
These have been the most commonly used silicones in conditioning products until recent years. They spread easily onto the hair, provide gloss and lasting conditioning effects, and provide a soft, silky feel to the hair. They also reduce static and fly-away hair. All of these effects are influenced by the molecular weight of the molecule, which is not usually disclosed on the product package. Due to their extremely hydrophobic nature (lack of water solubility), these products may build up on the hair over time if a traditional surfactant-containing shampoo is not used.

Dimethicones is one of the best high-performance conditioning polymers currently available to the hair-care product formulator. Here's a list of some of the benefits:

    - Provide deep conditioning
    - Provide targeted conditioning to areas of particularly damaged hair
    - Protect from thermal damage
    - Increase color retention
    - Resist build up
    - Impart gloss and shine

These modified silicones seem to be of particular benefit for those of us with damaged hair, permanently colored hair or those concerned about the buildup of conditioning agents .

*Remember that over time cones can cause buildup in the hair so make sure you shampoo your hair with a good sulfate free shampoo weekly. My shampoo of choice is L'Oreal EverCreme Intense Nourishing Shampoo.




3 comments:

  1. I love Aussie Moist! I haven't used it in a while but I am definitely going to pick some up very soon!

    ellegantelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aussie is my fav conditioner! I use it on my natural hair and I use it as a leave in to make my bobraz curls pop when I'm wearing my extensions. I also use aussie 3 min it's the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes girl! I kept straying, wasting my money on expensive products until I finally just settled down with my Aussie. I recommend this to everyone, natural and relaxed. I used it when I was a natural and it was great and now that I'm relaxed again, this is a staple.

    ReplyDelete