Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Healthy Hair Journey: MissAlinaRose

1. Have you always been natural? Nope

2. How many years have you been natural? It will be 4 Years in March of 2012

3. Why did you decide to go natural? I’ve always wanted to be natural and admired natural hair, but I just didn’t know how to go about it. On top of that, trying to get my hair done in college became too much for my miniature budget.

4. When and how did you transition into natural hair? I initially wanted to transition for several months starting in January of 2008, but that didn’t happen. I held out two months before I decided to just get my head shaved at a barbershop. Best thing I could have done!


5. What is your regimen? I wash, detangle, and style my hair at least once a week. I usually wear my hair in either a twist/braid out of some sort and I also put my hair into big braids at night.

6. What products are currently your staples? Giovanni Smooth as Silk Shampoo, Pantene Pro-V's Curly Series, Giovanni Direct, X-treme Gel, Fantasia IC hair polisher (heat protectant)

7. What advice can you give to those thinking of going natural? Be realistic with your expectations. It is easy to look at someone’s hair and admire their texture, length, etc. and think your hair will look like that. More than likely it will not. You have to experiment on your own and don’t take anyone’s information as law. The only right way in regards to hair care is the one that is working for you and is producing the healthiest results at the same time. If something doesn’t work for you that works for another, don’t be discouraged. There is a method waiting for you to discover.



8. What's the best thing about being natural compared to being relaxed? It is so much quicker! Plus, my natural styles look thick and full and they last a long time, much longer than my relaxed hair ever did.

9. Would you ever consider going back to relaxers? Heck naw. Chile, is you crazy? (I realize the aforementioned statement is grammatically incorrect I just had to put an emphasis to the simple: no) lol

10. If you had 1 product to recommend, what would it be? Anything from Giovanni love.

11. What's one trick you found that works with your hair? The best trick that has saved me time is finger combing my hair. I have literally left all combs by the wayside because they aren’t needed for me. With the right conditioner and high water pressure, my fingers glide through my hair as if it were straight while in the shower. Detangling for me=5-10 minutes. And yes, my hair is afro-textured and thick.

12. In what ways (if any) has going natural affected you? I am more hair conscious now. I don’t know if that is a good or bad thing, but I notice people’s hair a lot more than I used too.




13. What mistakes have you made with your hair that you’ve learned from? Leaving protective styles in for too long was a huge one. Matting, tangling, & cutting was the price I had to pay for this mistake.

14. What’s the best/most effective thing you do for your hair? Keeping it stretched in braids and finger combing is golden.

15. How did you figure out proper protein/moisture balance? I didn’t. I don’t even look at protein the wrong way for fear of the helmet head; hard as a freaking rock. I am a moisture baby all the way.

16. Anything else you want to add? I don't deep condition and I'm not against heat.

17. What is your nightly routine? I put my hair in braids or a high bun/puff at night. No scarf. Silk Pillow all the way.


Just for Fun!
1. Do random people attempt to lay hands in your mane? No, actually. People normally ask before touching. I think that is the Holy Spirit giving them the proper hair touching protocol though.

2. How can we find you on the web? naturalhairinfo.com good stuff

3. What is your hair pet peeve? Atrocious lacefronts with abandoned/suffering hair underneath makes me sigh heavily. Trust me, your hair underneath is not that bad if you work with it.

4. What is the hair product, tool, or accessory that you absolutely can
not live with out? Giovanni Smooth as Silk Shampoo. It seems like any other shampoo tangles my hair. Eek!


Thank you ma'am.

4 comments:

  1. Her hair is absolutely gorgeous!

    xx
    josie
    www.straightnOchase.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful head of hair and great info. Enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there pretty lady!

    Thanks for interviewing me...it was fun! Lovin' the blog sis.

    ReplyDelete