Thursday, September 1, 2011

Healthy Hair Journey: Jo-Sette R

When did you start your journey? Officially January 2009


What made you start a healthy hair journey? I chopped off all my Hair in 2007 for not such a bright reason, and wanted to grow it back overnight. Think back to the Barbie Head days 

Have you ever been natural? Once, I got pregnant the first time I chopped off all my hair, I stayed natural 4 years, then chopped it again a few times in between stayed natural for 2 years combined.

How many years have you been relaxed? 14 years, I first relaxed at 13.

What is the longest your hair has been before you started your hair journey? My hair was past MBL. I'd say Full MBL or grazing WL

What challenges did you face? Back then my hair always seemed tangled. This go round it detangles with ease and feels healthy. I think this go round styling without heat seems to still be a challenge. I blow dry with every shampoo unless I go to the salon.

Did you ever experience a setback? Yes, Using Megatek was my first Set Back. 

What was the WORST mistake you’ve made along the way? Jumping on Band wagons.

What is your nightly routine? I apply WEN FIG OIL to my edges 2 times a week, then I put on my Satin Bonnet and go to bed 

What is your ultimate goal length? Grazing Hip is my Goal I call it Whip Length

What piece of advice would you give to someone who is just starting out their hair journey? Simplicity is key. You don't need 50-11 products, you don't need a magic fish rub to make your hair grow. Sulphate Free Cleansing Conditioners were the best change I did for my hair. What works for some won't always work for you. Deep Conditioning, Trimming, Conditioning, Light Oils, Treatments and serums are your friend but over use of anything is Abuse. So a dab a doo. Enjoy the journey it is yours, compare yourself to no one in terms of growth, we all grow at our own pace. SIMPLICITY, again keep it Simple. At the end of your journey you'll see just what I mean.

What is your current regimen? My regimen is: I wash my hair every 6 days.
  1. I use Wen Cleansing Conditioner FIG. 
  2. Detangle with my Tangle Teezer
  3. Part my hair directly down the middle
  4. Wet it until it is soaked through
  5. I put one pump (gallon Size) on each side, rub in and then spray quickly with water. Suds it up and leave it on for 10 minutes. 
  6. Rinse, Add a Light protein (Aphogee 2 minute, or ONe N Only Restorative mask) I use a Self Heating Cap (conditioning metallic cap), for about 20 minutes. 
  7. Rinse, Deep Condition with (Proclaim Argan Hydrating Masque or Silk Elements Deep Moisturizing Treatment - Megasilk or Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner) Under a Self Heating Cap for 1 hour minimum or 2 hours max.



 
 

2 comments:

  1. @ texlaxed Thanks so much
    @ Trendsetter, I thank you and hope it helps atleast one person :)

    ReplyDelete