Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hair Update

Hey Guys,
My relaxer experience was a mess on Thursday. I got a relaxer from my stylist and mentioned that I scratched my scalp a little before I sat in her chair. She then based my scalp and proceeded to relax my hair with the Affirm relaxer. Before I knew it, the relaxer started to tingle. I thought it was because I scratched that area and ignored the warning signs. About one minute later it started to tingle by my temple. Again I ignored it...a few seconds later my whole head started to burn and I mentioned that it was burning, she said "already?" Then told me to give her a min. Then the burns became so extreme I started to shake and cry. It felt like my scalp was being scraped with a razor blade. I told her that I couldn't take it anymore and we went to go wash it out. While she was washing it out, the burns became so intense....the only thing I could think was that my hair is going to fall out straight from the scalp. She then washed my hair about 6 times to make sure that the relaxer was completely washed out.
While she was washing my hair she asked if I put anything in my hair before I relaxed it and then it dawned on me that I put the BT oil in my hair last Saturday (which was probably the cause of the burning).

My hair still has burns in it and i'm pampering it with Aloe until it's completely healed. Anywho, here's my update...After the trim...i'm now at the same place i was in April (ugh!!!!)



1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your bad experience, but on a side note- your tee shirt is too funny! g2 love it!

    ReplyDelete