Saturday, May 1, 2010

Wash Day and Relaxer Update

Hey Guys,
Today was my first wash day as a newly and freshly relaxed chica and I must say....I LOVED IT! Aaah it felt soo good to not have to worry about braiding my hair in sections so that my hair would be easier to detangle. Before I get into my wash day regi I would like to give you the recap on how I took care of my hair after being freshly relaxed.

This week started a new regi for me and i'm going to be honest....I missed my first co-wash day out of pure laziness...lol. BUT!!!!! I kept my hair either pined up or in a pony all week and moisturized and sealed EVERY night. I followed the steps that Ms. FGrogan did in her YouTube video and I love it! What I did notice is that my hair didn't really feel as strong as I'd like it to be. I think if I start to co-wash weekly it would strengthen my hair a bit.

Today (wash day) I tried something different. I pre-poo'd with Queen Helene's Cholesterol Cream and my Amla Oil. I then placed a plastic bag over my head and covered it with two wool hats and took 3 hour nap...I dont know why I always get tired as soon as I start my wash day regi...lol.

When I woke up, I washed the Cholesterol and Amla Oil out with cool water and co-washed with my VO5 Clarifying Conditioner. My hair felt GREAT!!!!! After towel drying my hair I then squirted my Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer and then applied my VO5 Moisture Milks Condish. I roller set and now i'm sitting under the hair dryer.

As i'm checking my hair to see if it is dry, I'm loving the way my hair feels! When my hair finally dries, I plan on doing my moisture and seal regi, wrapping it and then tie it down with a silk scarf.

If I'm consistent with this regi I believe that my hair will get stronger and much healthier. I am DETERMINED to make BSB by August!!!!

TTYL Ladies xoxo!


No comments:

Post a Comment