I'm now on my last 7 weeks till I relax my hair and for my official length check. I washed my hair last week Monday and did an unofficial length check and my hair looks like I'm 1 inch away from BSL! Here's a few things I'm doing or taking to help me meet my goal.
- Drinking at least 80 oz of water
- Applying Jamaican Black Castor Oil Mixed with Peppermint Oil to scalp
- Washing my hair with Sulfate Free Shampoo
- Deep Conditioning Weekly (alternating Protein and Moisturizing)
- Moisturizing my hair with S-Curl or ORS Olive Oil Moisturizer
- Dusting my ends when needed
- Vitamins Taking Daily:
- MSM - 1000mg (two times a day)
- Nature's Bounty Fish Oil 1200 Mg Softgels (three times a day)
- GNC Hair, Skin and Nails (two times a day)
- *Alpha Lipoic Acid - 600mg (for my acne)
I plan to relax on December 20th. I will be trying something different this time. I'v been relaxing my hair with Affirm for the past 3-4 years but this time i really want to try the Optimum Care Salon Collection Relaxer.
Recommended for fine to medium hair textures prone to breakage. Optimum Care Salon Collection Relaxer uses our patented Dual Strength Complex, with a unique combination of Ceramides R and Ionene-G to repair, reconstruct, and replenish every strand—instantly reducing breakage for stronger, smoother, healthier hair!