Monday, August 22, 2011

Going Back To What I Know...


As I was stalking myhealthyhairjourney's blog, I thought...I can't believe it will be 3 years since I started my healthy hair journey and I’m still stuck at APL. And as usual I started to get mad at myself for coloring my hair back in January which caused a HUGE setback for me. So now I’m going to swallow up these tears and look ahead. I’m on a serious mission to be BSL by December or full BSB (Click here for Length Chart). 

Before my setback

After my setback

When I first started my journey, one product that I used that I found to be really successful to my tresses was Amla Oil! I used to pre-poo with it, shampoo and then DC my hair weekly. So now that I discovered ¾ wigs, that will be my plan starting Saturday.

My new regimen will be: (Every two weeks)
1.      Take off my ¾ wig
2.      With the braids still in:
1.      Apply Amla Oil to hair for 1 hr with 2 wool hats
2.      Rinse and Shampoo with a moisturizing poo
3.      Rinse and DC (under heat) with ORS Replenishing Conditioner for 45 mins
4.      Rinse and apply my Aussie Moist Conditioner or any moisturizing conditioner
3.      Not sure if my hair will matte but, I plan to take my braids out after 8 weeks and put a hard core protein treatment in…preferably Aphoghee’s Two Step Protein Treatment.
4.      I’m still going to relax twice a year and trim my hair after every relaxer
5.      Take my Nioxin Intensive Therapy Recharging Complex Vitamins daily
6.      Drink at least 4 glasses of water daily.

I will not wear my ¾ wig for a month.
1.      1 week before I relax
2.      For 3 weeks after relaxing
During the time the ¾ wig isn’t in my hair I plan on bunning.

If you ladies have any further suggestions to help me to hit my goal of BSL by December, PLEASE let me know!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan, I'm also on a mission to see if I can get to BSL by December,with Low manipulation, protective styles and no heat regime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I have tried a silicon supplement called Jarrosil you apply ten drops a day to a small glass of water. My hair is stronger in over an inch longer in just a month of use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thumbs up guys your doing a truly terrific job.strong numbing cream

    ReplyDelete