Saturday, April 17, 2010

Install Take Down + Product Review

I'm finally relaxing my hair next Saturday, which means that I had to take this weave out. I usually like to let my hair breathe for a week before I relax. Last night I pre-poo'd with Amla Oil, Coconut Oil and L’Oréal EverStrong Overnight Repair Treatment. I covered my head with a plastic bag and 2 wool hats and went to sleep. This morning I had a doctor's appointment and was too lazy to get up early to wash it out so I took the wool hats off, placed a wig cap on and threw my short wig on.

When I got home I started my regi....
  1. I washed the Amla Oil, Coconut Oil and L’Oréal EverStrong Overnight Repair Treatment out and shampoo'd with Suave Humectant Shampoo. Ladies, this shampoo is da bomb! A little went a long way! It lathers up nicely and left my hair moisturized and oh so soft.
  2. I deep conditioned my hair. I mixed: Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayo, 1 pack of my Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Pak, 1 tablespoon of EVCO (extra virgin coconut oil) Aussie Moist - 3 Minute Miracle Deeeep Conditioner, Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructor, 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of EVOO. Yes, that's a lot to mix together and to be honest...i didn't know what the heck I was doing....but lets just say that my hair felt soooooooooooooooo soft and moisturized when I was putting it in my hair. I dc'd for 4 hours (I dc'd under heat for 1 hour and then got sleepy so I put on my 2 wool hats and took a and then rinsed.
  3. I washed out my dc and applied the Suave Almond and Shea Butter Condish and left it in my hair for about 10 mins. I wasn't happy with the way it made my hair feel. My hair felt hard and didn't have much slip to it. My hair could have felt hard because of the amount of protein I had in my dc mix but that shouldn't stop this condish from softening my new growth. I'll pass on this condish and give it to little sis who is natural. She co-washes all the time.
  4. Lastly I applied my VO5 Moisture Milks and my Chi Straight Guard to my new growth. I then blow dried my hair in sections and then began to straighten it with my Izunami flat iron. This flat iron is really expensive, but definitely worth the money. This joint made my hair look like it was freshly relaxed. I've found that using the chase comb method works the best when tackling new growth...especially new growth like mine.
I loved the end results. My hair is nice and straight and feels strong. After my regi, I poured some EVCO into my hand and passed it through my hair, wrapped my hair and then put on my silk scarf. I really can't wait for my relaxer next Saturday! I'm planning on weaving again on the 14th of May (for a wedding). While I'm out of a weave, I will dc weekly and continue to apply my MN/MT mix every other day, bunning and co-washing weekly.

Good Night All! :-)