Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My 2012 Hair Challenges

I've joined 2 hair challenges on Long Hair Care Forum:
1. 2012 Up Your Water Intake Challenge
2. BSL 2012 Challenge

I plan on drinking 10 glasses of water a day for the "Up Your Water Intake Challenge". We have 12 ounce cups here at work, so i will drink 7 of those bad boys a day. That's equivalent to almost 11 glasses of water.


1 US cup = 8 US fluid ounces


For the BSL Challenge we were asked to answer the following questions:

What is your goal date for BSL? October 25, 2012 (my Bday...lol)

What brings you to this challenge/whats your length story? it's been 3 yrs at this HHJ and i can't seem to get past BSB for nada!!!! I had a huge setback in Jan 2011 and now I'm trimming all the damaged ends. (see hair journey here)

Whats your current length? APL


Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Transitioning? Relaxed
 

Whats your reggie/What are you doing to make it to BSL?
This year I plan to:

  1. Continue to relax twice a year. My first relaxer for the year will be March 24th
  2. Stick to what helped my hair at the beginning of my journey: Amla Oil. This will be my pre-poo staple as well as rosemary oil.
  3. Low manipulation
  4. No huge trims!!! Every time I trim I'm pushed back to APL :-( Dusting only!!!
  5. Continue to use my Nioxin vitamins daily. My hair has gotten so much thicker since using it.

What do you plan to do once you make BSL? Possibly...possibly...retire from wearing weaves ....possibly...



What will your goals or challenges be this year??

2 comments:

  1. Ive increased my water intake as well. I hope you make it to BSL by your bday. I'm sure you will with the plan you've listed. I have been on my journey for 4 yrs and whether trim or setback I always seem to snip back to SL. I am looking forward to BSL this year also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sounds like me...lol

      We are in this together!!!

      Delete