Monday, September 17, 2012

Dark and Lovely Fashionista - Day 1

It's been a heck of a week being the 2012 Dark and Lovely's Fashionista. Here's a recap of Day 1:

9:00am - My friend Gabby and I were picked up by car service and dropped off at the Tribeca Grand Hotel.



This hotel was GORGEOUS...it's very vintage and dark. As soon as we got there we proceeded to check the room and our view out. The fridge was packed with all kinds of alcohol, soda and water; while the cabinets had yummy snacks as Kit Kats and Gummy Bears...lol





12:00pm - I got a phone call from Nicole from Dark and Lovely's agency letting me know that the team was downstairs to meet me (exciting!!!). I immediately left the room to greet them and get to shopping. When i got to the lobby i was greeted by celebrity stylist Carlton Jones, a video team, photographer and Nicole. Once i was mic'd up i was ready to go on my shopping spree.




When i was in the car, I was briefed on how the day was going to go and what stores Carlton had in mind for me. Our first stop was Bloomingdales. One of the items on my wishlist was a pair of sick designer shoes and a great handbag. As soon as we got to Bloomingdales i allowed Carlton to take the lead and the spree began. It took me some time to warm up to the prices in the store since i'm not a big spender....i'm more of a smart shopper. Carlton's first stop was the designer bags section where i spotted my baby....a GORGEOUS jungle green Ralph Lauren bag that i HAD to have!!!! It felt good to say "i'll take that" without looking at the price! After grabbing my bag we started to look at some clothes and then went to the shoe department where i tried on brands such as Badgley Mischka and even Ted Baker Sinerx High Heel Ankle Booties.
 

 


 After selecting what i wanted it was straight to the dressing room to try on my selections.

 

 
Next up was Zara where i picked up 2 gorgoues Propelum dresses, a leather jacket, a cute knit top, flowered scarf and a statement necklace.

 

The last stop on my spree was Saks Fifth Avenue for my designer shoes. I had no luck in finding my shoe in Bloomingdales so we headed over to Saks. My mouth was drooling at all of the Premium Designer shoes!!!! I tried on Prada, YSL and Jimmy Choo. The last shoe i tried on was a Jimmy Choo Vamp Glitter-Coated Leather & Metallic Leather Platform Sandal. I knew for a fact that this was the shoe i was looking for and purchased it without blinking!




8:00pm - We went back to the hotel to meet up with Keith Campbell "The Hair Architect". He washed my hair and applied Dark and Lovely's new 6 Week Anti-Reversion Serum then blow dried my hair. My hair was then braided up and weaved. By the time 12:00a came we had about 3/4 of my hair done. Since it was getting late, Keith agreed that we should just finish up before the photo-shoot i had for Essence magazine the next day. Ladies i was pooped but excited to see what else was in store....

 
 


Stay Tuned For Day 2!

3 comments:

  1. Looks so fun! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHH this is so exciting! They picked a fab person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They did not have to do much because you are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete