Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Questions About My Wig Answered

Thanks Ebony for asking...here we go...

1) I see the net cap covers the full head so how did you shape the edges? Did you cut the net? Once you put the wig net on you will notice that the flaps are placed in a good spot therefore you don't and i didn't cut the net. Check out the 5:27 mark on the video below...



2) Is there a particular video you watched to help you make this wig? Yes, i watched and followed the steps in this video



3) Are you going to wash your hair with the wig sewn on? No, I take the wig off when i wash my hair and the wig. I usually wash my hair every two weeks. I take the wig down and proceed with my wash regimen (pre-poo, shampoo, deep condition, moisturize and seal). Once my hair is dry and the wig is dry, then i sew it back on. I plan to redo my braids every month. This is an example of what i did with the Kinky Curly wig i made...


4) Did you cut the wefts or fold them over? I never cut the wefts. I fold them over. The only time i cut the weft was for the last track on the top. I glued that row on first and then sew'd the hair. I did this so that when I cut the net to make the u part the hair is on securely around the part.

This is how i moisturize my hair while wearing a 3/4 wig.

1 comment:

  1. great info, thank you so much! I got my cap yesterday and will be trying it sometime VERY soon. Soon like...tomorrow! lol.

    ReplyDelete