Friday, February 19, 2010

Weekend Regi Update

First I would like to apologize for the late post. I've been sick since last Friday
with a throat infection. Anywho, I wanted to share with you guys what I did to
my hair last weekend.
I decided to take my weave out on Friday after work. Aah if felt so good to feel
my hair again. Since I'm 19 weeks post-relaxer I had to be very gentle with my
new growth and relaxed ends. I applied some Amla Oil to my hair, covered it with
a plastic bag and 2 wool hats. By putting on the two wool hats, I'm able to give
myself an overnight hot oil treatment (since your head creates its own heat). I
kept that in overnight and woke up Saturday morning to start my wash regi.
Because I'm 19 weeks post I had to braid my hair in 8 box braids so that it will
not tangle during the whole wash and dry process. *If you have problems with
detangling you hair, I would suggest using this method.

Wash Day Regimen-

I shampoo'd my hair with Suave Clarifying Shampoo since I didn't wash my hair
when I had my weave in. Then to put the moisture back in, I followed up with
Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Shampoo.
After I shampoo'd I then deep conditioned my hair with ORS (Organic Root
Stimulator) Hair Mayo, 2 tablespoons of EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) and Honey.
I warmed this concoction up in the microwave for 30 seconds, mixed then applied
to my hair. I dc'd (deep conditioned) for 1 hour under my conditioning cap and
then rinsed with cold water. Finally, I applied Herbal Essence Hello Hydration
Condish and then proceeded with the rest of my regi.
Tired yet?
After washing and deep conditioning my hair I sprayed my Aphogee Keratin & Green
Tea Reconstrutor to protect my hair from the heat of my overhead hair dryer.
After my hair was dry, I cornrowed my hair in 8 braids and sealed the ends with
pure coconut oil and castor oil. I spritzed my hair with my moisture mix,
applied my Mega-Tek mix to my scalped and tied my hair down with a silk scarf.

I plan on keeping my hair braided like this for two weeks until I install my
curly weave on the 26th. Remember, try to give your hair a 1-2 week break after
taking out an install. So ladies, its Friday....what are your hair plans for
this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment