A healthy body is what everyone needs for healthy hair to thrive. This means having a good metabolism, and immune system. These play a key factor for growing healthy hair. The human thyroid gland also plays an important role in the ability to grow healthy hair. A inactive thyroid gland (hypothyroidism) may not be able to generate the proper amount of hormones that control the body's overall ability to grow and maintain healthy tresses.
Symptoms of hypothyroidism can include feeling exhausted and losing more hair than normal. For some people, their hair will become dry, brittle and more prone to breakage. Now if you have been tested and have a clean bill of thyroid health, the problem can that you have a general lack of energy due to stress, poor diet or other lifestyle issues. Try these 5 simple tips:
- Get Enough Sleep - Many people are sleep deprived and as a result of daily stresses and strains are getting less sleep. Humans need enough sleep so that the body can function at optimal capability, which includes having the necessary energy to nourish and grow hair.
- Try a Brisk Walk Several Times a Week - Experts have discovered that walking at a quick pace for just 15 minutes will help to raise your normal heart rate which improves circulation to your entire body, including to your scalp and hair follicles.
- Try Drinking Green Tea - Experts who believe in the hair health benefits of green tea point to the fact that certain compounds found in green tea that causes the relaxation of blood vessels, helping overall cardiovascular activity through increased circulation. Increased circulation will naturally help nourish hair roots and scalp tissues.
- Eat Healthy Energy Snacks - When hunger strikes between meals, eat to nourish your hair roots. Reach for one handful of unsalted natural cashews or a few almonds. Almonds are loaded with magnesium which is an essential mineral for growing healthy strands. Yogurt, hard boiled eggs and tofu which all have great nutrients to help hair grow are some other great snacks!
- Drink Recommended Daily Amount of Water - Carbonated and caffeinated drinks may not only cause dehydration but can also make you feel exhausted and can be a hidden factor in hair growth stoppage, dry strands or tresses that break off. Most experts cannot give a simple answer to how much water humans should drink every day. A general rule of thumb is for women to drink between 2 and 2.6 liters of water a day. In essence, experts advise that you replace all the water that you excrete every day.