Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Words of Advice from a Blogger to a Reader

Hi Ladies,

I received many emails from you with questions about regimens, products and general hair advice....which led me to post my words of advice. I will periodically post them as they come to my mind.

Advice #1

When beginning your hair journey, try not to compare your growth and health with others.



It took me a year to figure this out. I'm a slow grower. I get 1/4 of an inch a month! I started my HHJ (healthy hair journey) in Dec 07 at CBL (Collar Bone Length) and now 18 months later I'm about one or less than one inch away from APL (Armpit Length). My little sister on the other hand BC'd (big chopped - cut all her relaxed ends off to become natural) in July 2009. When she BC'd her hair was TWA (Tiny Winie Afro)...fast forward to today...her hair is the same length as mine. Let's do the Math...it took her 11 months to get 1 inch away from APL! Now I'm militant when it comes to my hair. My sister...she does nothing to her hair....she never deep conditions it, always leaves it dry and never sleeps with a silk scarf on. But as a child, she always had BSL hair until my mom relaxed it. Me...my hair has never gotten past SL.



The moral to this story is: be happy with where you are and how you got there. Think about it, if you never took the healthy hair route, where will your hair be? If I didn't start my HHJ, I probably would have platinum blonde broken, dry locks that barely reach CBL!!! My hair is the longest its ever been in my life and I'm loving it. Not only is it long and swangin' in my eyes but its healthy and thick.



Appreciate what you have and the journey that leads to where you want to be. Taking it one step at a time.





Xoxo Trendsetta

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment