Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Co-Wash Day!!!!

Today was the day I designated for co-wash day. As you guys know, I decided to revamp my regimen by cutting out the full head weaves and incorporating more conditioning to my weekly routine.

As I was at a company event today, all I could think about is "what time can I leave so that I can make it home to co-wash?" I left the event in time to do my full regi and I'm happy about that.

Lately my hair has been breaking while i'm combing my hair and I didn't and don't liked that ONE BIT! So I applied my ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor to wet hair for 5 mins under my heating cap. Rinsed and then co-washed with my VO5 Kiwi Clarifying Conditioner. I lightly poured my Infusium 23 leave in treatment to my hair...and as a leave in I used my VO5 Moisture Milks. I then squirted my Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer to each section of hair before rolling into my rollerset. I sat under the dryer until my hair was completely dried (about 1hr), applied my EVCO to my hair, squirted my S-Curl to my hair and then wrapped it. The ends of my hair was a bit thick and frizzy because my hair dryer SUCKS, so I squirted the S-Curl to the ends which helped lay it down. And of course to end this regimen, I put on my silk scarf and called it a night.

This regimen surprisingly took about 1hr and 45 mins. Not bad at all!!! Let's see how long this regi will be when i'm 20 weeks post.

Here's some facts about the products I used in this regimen:

ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor - ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor is a powerful, one step treatment that should be used for home use, between salon visits. This concentrated blend of keratin amino acids, botanical oils, and vitamins does wonders to restore strength and softness to hair that requires a deep, penetrating treatment. It is recommended on tinted, bleached or relaxed hair. It soothes irritated scalp and may be applied following each shampooing until the healthy condition of the hair is restored. Apply on clean hair in shower and rinse to treat brittle hair with cuticle damage and moderate breakage.



Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer
- It helps reduce breakage and split ends and adds body to limp, lifeless hair. Active ingredients bond into the hair shaft with natural body heat or heat from styling tools. This one step formula combines the strengthening properties of keratin protein with the antioxidant benefits of green tea. Apply to wet or dry hair without rinsing.



Infusium 23 (Repair)ologie Leave-In Treatment - (Repair)ologie. Infuses the hair cuticle to help nourish and restore healthy texture and strengthens against damage. Science - Inspired by beauty, grounded in science, Infusium 23 offers specialized hair care solutions that are proven to enhance the texture and condition of your hair. Infusium 23 has combined decades of knowledge and experience with scientific advances to create (repair)ologie leave-in treatment. Solution - Specially designed with our unique i23 essential treatment complex, (repair)ologie leave-in treatment infuses the hair cuticle to help nourish and restore healthy texture and strengthens against damage. (Repair)ologie leave-in treatment instantly detangles wet or dry hair and is light enough to provide everyday manageability.



Luster's S-Curl Activator/ Moisturizer - With Vitamin B5. S-Curl Activator and Moisturizer may be used daily to maintain and condition your curly hair style. It contains glycerin and Vitamin B5, which together eliminate breakage and keep your curls, waves and natural hair soft, healthy and with a lasting sheen. This special No Drip Formula allows you to use S-Curl Activator and Moisturizer without fear of ruining your clothes or pillow cases. S-Curl Activator and Moisturizer can be used daily by the entire family and will not leave a greasy build-up.



Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (EVCO) - Recent research shows that coconut oil has the ability to penetrate the hair shaft and reduce protein loss as compared to other oils such as sunflower oils or mineral oils and provide great conditioning. For that reason it’s better than many other oils – both natural AND synthetic. So it may help keep your hair from breaking, which means you may be able to grow it longer. It replaces the natural oils your hair looses on a regular basis. When combined with other essential oils, coconut oil makes an excellent dandruff treatment. Coconut oil keeps protein loss at a minimum because of its close association with hair proteins. It contains medium chain triglycerides (MCT) which can pass freely through the cell membrane. Its low molecular weight enables efficient penetration inside the hair shaft.



Nite All

No comments:

Post a Comment