Sunday, March 7, 2010

Another Install - Bohyme Brazilian Wave aka Bobraz

Last weekend I decided to install my last weave before I end my 7 month stretch. I'm officially planning on relaxing May 8th and I seriously can't wait. The new growth isnt really bothering me, i'm just anxious to see if I will make my goal of APL.

Since i was snowed it, i used that opportunity to install my weave. Before installing my weave i took care of my hair underneath. First I pre-poo'd with Amla Oil for 1 hour. Co-washed (condition washed) with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration (HEHH)and then dc'd with ORS Hair Mayo, 1 tbsp or Honey and EVOO for 1 hour. Rinsed and then co-washed again with HEHH. Remember, since i'm 20 weeks post my new growth makes it hard to detangle, so i always braid my hair in 8 box braids. After the washing and drying process i continue to cornrow my hair in the pattern below.

After finishing my braid pattern/base, i applied my MT, MN, Castor Oil and Peppermint oil mix to my scalp and then started to add my Bobraz. I followed SenCiti's sewn in pattern and blending method to achieve the final look.