Sunday, April 17, 2011

THE BOHYME IS BACK BABY!

Hello Lovely Ladies,

Yesterday as promised i installed my trusty Bohyme Brazilian Wave in my hair. Everything went well EXCEPT for the fact that i mistakenly deleted the video i created!!!!!! Luckily i took pictures along the way. Sorry guys.

This is how the day went.
  1. I washed my hair with my L'Oreal Sulfate Free Shampoo for Colored Tresses
  2. Followed up with a new conditioner i bought at the beauty supply store about 2 weeks ago. It's the Olive Oil Professional Replenishing Conditioner. This conditioner smelled and felt just like the Replenishing Pak. I didn't leave the conditioner on for the 10-15 mins as instructed because i just wanted to condition not deep condition my hair. This conditioner left my hair feeling so soft and made it really easy to detangle (since I'm 16 weeks post).
  3. After rinsing the conditioner out i poured a quarter size amount of Argon Oil in my hair and blow dried.
  4. After blow drying my hair i then proceeded to cornrow my hair for the base of my weave, leaving about 1 inch (maybe a little more) out in the middle and a half an inch at the sides for my leave out (see pictures below).
  5. As i parted each section to braid, i moisturized with my Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Moisturizer and sealed with my Extra Virgin Coconut Oil.
  6. I oiled my scalp with a mixture i made which consists of Jamaican Black Castor Oil (85%), Peppermint Oil(10%) and a tiny bit of Rosemary Oil (5%).
  7. When i was done braiding i took about 3 pumps of my Redken Extreme Anti-Snap and rubbed it all over my braids.
  8. I then cut a small section of my weaving net and put in between the braids that were going the opposite direction so that the space between the braids isn't as noticeable and i can sew a track onto that space (see pictures below)
  9. After sewing the net on i then started to weave my hair. I like to start with the top and work my way to the middle, then the bottom to the middle. I do this because when i used to weave my hair in the past i would place the tracks close to each other when i start with the back. Then when i get to the top i run out of hair and have to make the spaces farther apart which would look horrendous......especially when the wind blows. So when i start from the top, i can place the tracks closer. Then if I'm running out of hair when i get towards the back, then i can use old hair or different hair and it wont be as noticeable. (hope that makes sense...lol)
  10. I didn't buy a new pack of Bobraz because i had a lot of hair left over from the last 2 installs....so i recycled the hair...using the good hair on the top and the oldest hair towards the bottom.
  11. After installing the Bobraz, i detangled in sections using my Tangle Teezer. I would spray water on the hair...not soaking it but just keeping it moist. Then i would detangle the section with my Tangle Teezer, spray my Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Mousse, two strand twist the section and then place a roller on the ends.
  12. When i got towards the top of my head i took the leave out i had braided out and twisted the leave out with each section so that my real hair would have the same curl as the Bohyme.
I'm going out later on tonight, so i will take some pictures of the results then. If you ladies have any further questions about the Bohyme Brazilian Wave i installed...email me at trendsetta25@aol.com. As far as my nightly or styling routine...i plan on leaving this install in for 3 weeks. During that time i will record my routine for those who want to see how i maintain the curls.

Now on to the pictures :-)

PRODUCTS I USED
STEP BY STEP PICTURES

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post! It's really helpful. I have the Model Model Indian Afro Curl, which is relatively similar to bobraz. I was gonna ditch this weave pretty soon lol, but I will try using the twist and curl method like you do. I'm also gonna try your braiding method when I try to self-install next month. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete