Picture this. You had a long weekend of house cleaning, entertaining the in-laws, and laundry. You wake up Monday morning to go to work and you find yourself pressing the snooze button for the um-teenth time. When you finally get the strength to get out of bed you notice that you are running majorly late!!! OMG what am i to do with my hair?! You thank God that you purchase that cute new wig in the beauty supply store. You take a quick shower, put on your make-up, slip on that wig, get dressed and you are out the door in no time. Owning a wig can save you so much time in the morning. The last thing you have to think about when you wake up late for work should be your hair. Many people think that wigs are for old people but they are so wrong! Anyone can rock a wig like it's their own hair and not feel like Grandma Lucy ;-)
Here are some tips to keep in mind once you purchase that fly wig on sale:
- Do not grab the first wig you see! Look for one that fits you like a glove.
- Always wear a wig cap underneath. Wearing a wig cap protects your hair underneath and can offer extra style support.
- DO NOT USE HEAT ON A SYNTHETIC WIG!!!!
- If you are a regular wig user do not neglect your hair underneath. You natural hair still need to be shampooed and conditioned weekly. Apply a conditioning treatment every time you shampoo can help keep the moisture in.
- Make sure you maintain your wig's style at night by placing it on a wig block or mannequin head to keep it's shape.
- Wigs do not last forever so remember you should change it every six to eight months if you wear it on a daily basis.
- You may not think this is necessary to wash your wig but if you wear your wig on a daily basis, it would be a good idea to wash your human hair wig and let it air dry.