Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Words of Advice

Hey guys,

I've had a lot of people hitting me up about starting their own healthy hair journey after viewing my blog. I would like to pass on some words of advice.



If your adamant about growth healthy long hair you must:

1. Be patient - it took me a good 3 or 4 months to see results when I began my journey



2. Be determined - don't start the journey if your going to quit 2 months into it. Just like with a goal of loosing weight or running a marathon...you have to train yourself to stick to a regimen in order to see results.



3. Be consistent - if a person wanted to loose 10 lbs in 1 month and exercises once every 2 weeks, they won't see results. But if that same person has a plan and sticks to it for that month they WILL see results. Consistency is key!



4. Don't Compare Your Journey - I always looked at the progress of others on Long Hair Care Forum. I would see girls go from SL to APL in 6 months and it took me 20 months. Comparing yourself with others will only discourage you.



5. Have Fun. Live and Learn - if you experience a setback don't give up! Remember...it WILL grow back. Luckily we live in a world where we can hide our mistakes such as a bad color, relaxer or cut. Buy a wig, apply a lacefront or install a weave....but don't neglect your hair underneath.



This is a journey...we WILL experience ups and downs, growth spurts and setbacks...but remember once your reach that goal...you'll be proud and can prove to the world that....BLACK HAIR CAN GROW!



X0X0 Trendsetta!

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment